Ramor Transformation - Launch Night
RAMOR TRANSFORMATION Launch night Thursday January 8th 2015. Six week fitness programme will commence w/c Jan 12th. All interested parties welcome to attend launch night for all details of the event. This is primarily a SOCIAL initiative by the club and is designed for FUN, FUN, FUN! You can take part in as many or as few fitness events over the six weeks as you like, but we want you to take part in some way. ALL WELCOME - IN PARTICULAR NON-MEMBERS OF RAMOR UTD.
Main Details of the event as follows:
(1) Launch night on Jan 08th 2015 and a motivational talk by a well known GAA fitness coach. At the launch event you will be asked to complete a questionnaire and a medical screening assessment. We will also ask you to step on the weighing scales before you leave. This is being done so that participants can be divided into groups. Each group will comprise 6-8 participants and the total weight of each group will be approximately the same. We have recruited qualified nurses and pharmacists to help us run the event and discretion and privacy is assured.
(2) The programme will commence w/c Jan 12th and we hope to offer the following: (a) Fitness classes in Ramor clubrooms on Tues & Thurs @7pm with Alan Tracey. These will vary from simple circuits to stretching to boxercise. (b) Fitness class with Kevin McElhinney in Macs Fitness on one morning per week at 10am. (c) Track session on Wed evening at 8pm and Sat morning (time tbc) involving a simple couch to 5km programme (involving walking/jogging) for beginners or a more advanced programme depending on demand.
(3) We will schedule a talk on nutrition over the 6 weeks and one to one advice on diet shall be available from Alan Tracey throughout the programme.
(4) Weigh-in night will happen one night per week (night tbc). Results shall be posted in Ramor and shall be calculated for each team as total % weight loss. NO INDIVIDUAL WEIGHTS SHALL BE POSTED.
(5) Fitness shall be assessed in Week 1, 3 & 6 on the track in Ramor. FURTHER DETAILS OF THE PROGRAMME SHALL BE POSTED AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE. The cost is €60 payable up front and all classes are free. Depending on numbers it may not be possible for all participants to attend all fitness classes in Ramor due to space restrictions - hence we need the questionnaire completed accurately on the launch night.
THE EVENT IS DESIGNED TO BE A COMMUNITY BASED EVENT FOR FUN. IT WILL CULMINATE IN A 5KM RUN/WALK OPEN TO ALL THE COMMUNITY AT THE END OF THE SIX WEEKS. WHILE WE MEASURE WEIGHT LOSS AND ASSESS FITNESS, THE EVENT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU DO NOT PARTICIPATE AND ENJOY THE ACTIVITIES.WE HOPE YOU WILL SIGN-UP!